Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authormodern church was designed by the architect Antonio Barluzzi
dc.date.accessioned2019-10-24T17:59:35Z
dc.date.available2019-10-24T17:59:35Z
dc.date.created2017-02-28 01:11
dc.date.issuedOriginal Byzantine church built late 4th century AD; restored early 7th century AD; Modern church was built in 1938
dc.identifieroai:oaicat.oclc.org:ASITESPHOTOIG_10313392458
dc.identifierThumbnail: http://media.artstor.net/imgstor/size2/asitesphoto/d0001/sites_photos_r10850088_as_8b_srgb.jpg
dc.identifierImage View: http://library.artstor.org/library/secure/ViewImages?fs=true&id=8CNaaSQwKSw0NzU8dSUURXorXXkhdlt9dA%3D%3D
dc.identifierRanking: 43750
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12424/1005164
dc.description.abstract~Opposite to the Church of the Primacy of Peter, on a mountainside, walls of the ancient Byzantine Church of Beatitudes (called also Church of the Sermon of the Mount) are found. The church, discovered by the Franciscans in 1935, was built in the late 4th century AD and was restored in the early 7th century AD. It contained a small chapel and annexed structures. The small church had an eastern apse, and its walls were carved from the basalt rock. Inscriptions and mosaics were found there. In its latter days it was utilized by the Muslims for secular purposes. On the mountain pick overlooking the Tabgha area, a new Church of the Beatitudes was built in 1938, designed by the renowned architect Antonio Barluzzi. It has an octagonal floor plan and a large copper-plated dome. The drum of the church's dome has eight opaque glass windows decorated with verses from Jesus' Sermon of the Mount
dc.rightsFor uses beyond the ARTstor Terms and Conditions of Use, please contact Samuel Magal, Owner and Head Photographer at Samuel@sites-and-photos.com or Ronit Marco, Content Manager, at ronit@sites-and-photos.com; Website: www.sites-and-photos.com; Address: 84 Goshen Blvd. Kiryat Motzkin 26301 Israel; Tel.+972 4 6904 503; Fax +972 4 6904 855; Cell +972 544 799 642
dc.sourceImage and original data provided by Shmuel Magal, Sites and Photos
dc.titleChurch of Beatitudes
dc.typeArchitecture and City Planning
ge.collectioncodeOAIDATA
ge.dataimportlabelOAI metadata object
ge.identifier.legacyglobethics:10639496
ge.identifier.permalinkhttps://www.globethics.net/gtl/10639496
ge.lastmodificationdate2017-02-28 01:11
ge.lastmodificationuseradmin@pointsoftware.ch (import)
ge.submissions0
ge.oai.exportid149001
ge.oai.repositoryid1470
ge.oai.setnameSetArtstorFull5
ge.oai.setspecSetArtstorFull5
ge.oai.streamid5
ge.setnameGlobeTheoLib
ge.setspecglobetheolib


This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record