Author(s)Architects: Unknown 12th century architects; Jakob Prandtauer (Austrian, 1660-1726); Donato Felice Allio (Italian, 1677-1761); Joseph Emanuel Fischer von Erlach (Austrian, 1693-1742); Josef Georg Kornhäusel (Austrian, 1782-1860)
Full recordПоказать полную информацию
Abstract~Klosterneuburg Abbey was founded as a secular collegiate convent by Leopold III in the twelfth century. In the early eighteenth century, Emperor Charles VI commissioned the construction of an imperial palace and convent on the site. From 1714-1715, plans were prepared by Prandtauer, but were rejected. Allio adapted Prandtauer's plans, to which Fischer von Erlach also made modifications. Kornhäusel made further modifications in the nineteenth century.
Image: View of gilded sculpture of Abraham sacrificing Isaac
Photographer: William Keighley (American, 1889-1984)
DateChurch built 1114-1136, complex expanded and renovated 1730-1755, complex renovated 1836-1842
TypeArchitecture; Architectural Elements
Image View: http://library.artstor.org/library/secure/ViewImages?fs=true&id=%2FDFMaiEoJjo8KDs8FTx5RnspWn8reVg%3D