Wootten House, South Third Street, between Market and Dock streets.
AbstractThe house at 11 South Third Street was built in the early 1800s by Dr. John Hill. His daughter, Eliza Ann married William Augustus Wright in 1830 and the house became their residence. The property was acquired by the Rev. Edward Wootten and his wife, Eliza Jewett Wootten, and it remained in the family until it was sold to St. James Episcopal Church in 1952, and was torn down in 1955. The Rev. Wootten was a circuit Episcopal minister, who officiated as services in Southport and Lake Waccamaw.