Full recordShow full item record
Abstract~The Crusaders regarded Paneas as a natural border between their Kingdom and the Muslim stronghold in Damascus; hence Paneas was regarded by them as a strategic asset, situated at the crossroads between Damascus, Sidon and Tyre. Circa 1129 the Crusaders captured Paneas and built there a fortified city. A Syrian modern structure built on top of the remains of a Crusade Corner Tower ("Migdal Pina", in Hebrew), located at the northeastern corner of the Crusader City of Paneas, at the northeastern edge of the eastern part of the wall and moat surrounding the city.
DateOriginal Corner Tower Built circa 1129
TypeArchitecture and City Planning
Image View: http://library.artstor.org/library/secure/ViewImages?fs=true&id=8CNaaSQwKSw0NzU8dSUURXorXX4ufVx8fA%3D%3D