• Methodist Church (1892-1913) on Milwaukee Avenue

      C. R. Childs (Chicago, -)
      View of the Methodist Church when it was located on the corner of School Street and Milwaukee Avenue, 1892-1913. The Methodist church was the first church in Libertyville. It was organized in 1836, first meeting in homes and then in the log school house. The first church building was erected in 1844 and was located at the present site of the Methodist Church at Church Street and Brainerd Avenue. In 1866 that structure burned and the Methodists joined with the Prebyterians, Congregationalists and Universalists to build the Union Church in 1868. The Milwaukee Avenue building was dedicated in 1892. As the town grew and traffic and noise increased, the congregation decided to build a new brick building in 1913 back at the Church Street and Brainerd Avenue location.
    • Methodist Church (1913-1969)

      H. B. Brooks (1141 Roscoe Street, Chicago, -)
      This brick building was built in 1913 on the site of the original church at Brainerd Avenue and Church Street. In 1957 an education building was added north of the church. As the congregation grew they needed more space and in 1969 constructed a larger sanctuary in place of the building on this post card.
    • Methodist Church (1913-1969)

      -
      Closeup view of the brick building built in 1913 on the site of the original church at Brainerd Avenue and Church Street. In 1957 an education building was added north of the church. As the congregation grew they needed more space and in 1969 constructed a larger sanctuary in place of the building on this post card.
    • Methodist Church (1892-1913) on Milwaukee Avenue

      -
      Street view of the Methodist Church when it was located on the corner of School Street and Milwaukee Avenue, 1892-1913. The Methodist church was the first church in Libertyville. It was organized in 1836, first meeting in homes and then in the log school house. The first church building was erected in 1844 and was located at the present site of the Methodist Church at Church Street and Brainerd Avenue. In 1866 that structure burned and the Methodists joined with the Prebyterians, Congregationalists and Universalists to build the Union Church in 1868. The Milwaukee Avenue building was dedicated in 1892. As the town grew and traffic and noise increased, the congregation decided to build a new brick building in 1913 back at the Church Street and Brainerd Avenue location.
    • The Union Church, Libertyville, Ill.

      C. R. Childs (Chicago, -)
      Designed by W.W. Boyington, the Union Church was built in 1868 when Presbyterian, Methodist, Congregational and Universal groups combined resources for its construction. The Union Church was used at alternate times for Sunday worship services with a common Sunday School for all children. The church was located at the present site of St. Lawrence Episcopal Church on west Church Street. Purchased by the Episcopal Church in 1912, the building was destroyed by fire in 1916.<br />See related web site for more information on W. W. Boyington.
    • M.E. Church, Oak Park, Ill.

      V.O. Hammon Publishing Co. (1904-1923) (-)
      Postcard view of an Oak Park church.
    • First M.E. Church, Fifth and Capitol Ave., Springfield, Ill.

      V.O. Hammon Publishing Co. (1904-1923) (-)
      Postcard view of a church in Springfield.
    • First M.E. Church, Springfield, Ill.

      V.O. Hammon Publishing Co. (1904-1923) (-)
      Postcard view of a church in Springfield.
    • First M.E. Church, Evanston, Ill.

      V.O. Hammon Publishing Co. (1904-1923) (-)
      Postcard view of an Evanston church.
    • First M.E. Church, Evanston, Ill.

      V.O. Hammon Publishing Co. (1904-1923) (-)
      Postcard view of an Evanston church.
    • Lincoln NE - St. Paul M.E. Church, 12th and M

      V.O. Hammon Publishing Co. (1904-1923) (Merchants Pub. Co., Lincoln NE, -)
      Postcard view of a church in Lincoln.
    • Davenport IA - St. Johns M.E. Church

      V.O. Hammon Publishing Co. (1904-1923) (Independent Five and Ten Cent Stores,, -)
      Postcard view of a church in Davenport.
    • M. E. Parsonage

      P. L. Huckins, 3358 Osgood Street, Chicago, IL, -
      Parsonage of the Methodist Episcopal Church in Libertyville. This parsonage was constructed in 1900 under the pastorate of Rev. Marshall E. Dix. It was located at 423 Brainerd Avenue west of Church Street. In 1957 a Christian Education building was constructed north of the parsonage. In 1968 the brick church building and the parsonage were torn down and a new sanctuary was built.
    • Milwaukee Avenue looking south from Lake Street.

      A. C. Bosselman & Co., New York, New York, -
      Turn-of-the-century view of unpaved Milwaukee Avenue. The businesses on the left are the Joacheim Bakery and Jim Brown's saloon, right next door to the Methodist Church.
    • Journal of the ... session of the North Carolina Annual Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South ... .

      Methodist Episcopal Church, South. North Carolina Conference. ([North Carolina : The Conference],, -1882.)
      Vols. for 1873-1881 edited by B. Craven; 1882 edited by A.W. Mangum.
    • M.E. Church, Gifford, Ill.

      Curt Teich & Co. (Curt Teich & Co., Chicago, Ill., -1902)
      view of the M.E. Church in Gifford
    • Methodist Church, Paris, Illinois

      Curt Teich & Co. (Curt Teich & Co., Chicago, Ill., -1902)
      Methodist Church, Paris, Illinois
    • Methodist Church, Lewistown, IL.

      Curt Teich & Co. (Curt Teich & Co., Chicago, Ill., -1902)
      Methodist Church, Lewistown, IL.
    • Methodist Church, New Lenox, IL.

      Curt Teich & Co. (Curt Teich & Co., Chicago, Ill., -1905)
      Methodist Church, New Lenox, IL.
    • Methodist Church, Mason, IL.

      Curt Teich & Co. (The News, Mason, IL., -1905)
      Methodist Church, Mason, IL.