Globethics Library (referred to as Globethics here after) Repository Policy
Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
1. Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
2. The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided:
(a) the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given
(b) Globethics name is mentioned
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
1. Access to some or all full items is controlled.
2. Copies of full items generally can be:
(a) reproduced in any format or medium
(b) for personal research or study, or educational purposes without prior permission or charge.
(a) the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
(b) a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
(c) the original copyright statement is given
3. Full items must not be harvested by robots except transiently for full-text indexing or citation analysis
4. Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
5. Some full items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
1. This is a multi-institution subject-based repository.
2. Subject Specialities:
(a) Arts and Humanities General
(b) Philosophy and Religion
(c) Social Sciences General
3. Globethics holds all types of materials except:
4. Deposited items may include:
(a) working drafts
(b) submitted versions (as sent to journals for peer-review)
(c) accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
(d) published versions (publisher-created files)
5. Items are individually tagged with:
(a) their version type and date.
(b) their peer-review status.
(c) their publication status.
6. Principal Languages: English; Chinese; French; Spanish
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
1. Items may only be deposited by registered students of the subject community
2. Eligible depositors must deposit bibliographic metadata for all their publications.
3. The administrator only vets items for relevance to the scope of Globethics, and valid layout & format
4. The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
5. No embargo policy defined.
6. Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
7. If Globethics receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
1. No preservation policy defined.