How to submit a document in the Globethics.net Library [pdf]
Before you start, please kindly check, whether the document you want to submit, already exists in the Library!
1. Make sure to be registered on Globethics.net main website as Globethics.net participant. If you are not yet a Globethics.net participant, register under this link: https://www.globethics.net/register. This allows you to have access to all services and resources provided by Globethics.net, including the Globethics.net Library, in particular, to submit and subscribe to new content.
2. Sign in with your email address and password (=>Login on the top right corner of the Library repository home page). If you forgot your password, click on "Forgot Password" in order to reset your password.
Once signed in, you are redirected to the Library repository, and your user name appears on the top right corner of the page.
3. Follow the link =>Submissions under "My Account" on the leftside navigation and click: “Start a new submission”.
4. Select a collection: By default, you are prompted to submit to the collection “Globethics Library Submissions” click on the button =>"Next".
5. Follow the steps indicated in green colour, starting from the left, with “Choose an import source” (PubMed or Crossref), if not, skip the “import” step and continue ….
6. Select the type of document and fill in the required fields, e.g. author(s), title, language … etc. The fields marked with * are mandatory.
7. Go through all the 3 DESCRIBE steps.
8. Provide either a link (URL) to your document if hosted externally, or go directly to the “upload” step in order to upload your document. In case you don’t chose a free (Creative Commons) license, make sure to indicate the appropriate copyright in the Copyright/License field.
9. Upload your document. =>Click on the Browse button, to select the file from your computer and click on “Upload file” at the bottom. You may upload multiple files. The file name should be significant and contain no special characters, e.g. ‘ * , ; : ( ) @ “ ! … etc.
10. Click =>Next. You are on the Review page where you need to check all data entered so far. You may correct them if needed using the “Correct one of these” button. Please make sure that all your data is correct and proceed with =>Next.
11. Select a license type. You may chose between various CC (Creative Commons) licenses, or to select a non CC license in case your document is copyrighted. CC0 means, there is no restriction on the use or re-use of the content at all, i.e. your document is dedicated to the “Public domain”.
Please make sure, that you are the copyright holder or you have the permission of the license/copyright holder to publish your document for free (open access).
Click on =>Next.
12. The Distribution License: In order for Globethics.net Library to reproduce, translate and distribute your submission worldwide, you need to grant Globethics.net a non-exclusive Distribution License by clicking the checkbox “I grant the License” before completing the submission.
13. At any step you can "save & exit" the submission process and come back later to complete it. You will find the draft and/or completed submissions under "My Account"’s =>Submissions folder.
14. All submissions are carefully reviewed by the Globethics.net Library staff, before being published online. Globethics.net retains the right to refuse content non complient with the Globethics.net Library repository policy (see https://repository.globethics.net/pages/policy). Once the submission accepted by the Globethics.net Library, the submitter will be informed by email, and his/her submission gets published online in the Globethics.net Library.